At Eton College Golf Club, we take your privacy seriously and this privacy statement explains what personal data or information we collect from you.
Who are we?
This Privacy Statement should be read alongside the Eton College Privacy Notice and is specifically for our club members. We are part of Eton College (registered charity number 1139086) which is registered as a data controller. The golf club is part of its operation.
What personal data or information do we collect?
The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, date of birth and other contact details, your golf handicap and information about your golf scores.
How is your information used?
We collect your personal data or information to operate our golf club effectively and provide you with the best information on our products and services.
We may use your information to:
• To administer your golf club membership
• Notify you of your results
• To process payment(s) for green fee visitors
• To invoice you, and to track payments you make
We believe that all these purposes fall within our legitimate interests in running and promoting the golf club and our contractual obligation to deliver the agreed membership services to you.
Keeping your data secure
When you give us personal information we take steps to ensure that it is stored securely.
You have certain rights over the processing of your personal information by Eton College Golf Club. These are:
• The right to access the data we hold about you
• The right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests
• The right to erasure (in some circumstances)
• The right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate
How you can update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your contact details or if you want to update any of the information we hold on you, please contact us by email email@example.com or by post at Eton College Golf Club, Eton College, Eton, SL4 6DW. Alternatively, you can telephone us on 01753 719520.
How you can access your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information that Eton College Golf Club hold relating to you. To do this please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Eton College Golf Club, Eton College, Eton, SL4 6DW. Alternatively, you can telephone us on 01753 719520.
Details of our processing
Type of Data Held & Length of Time Held
* Name and contact information.
* Emergency contact details.
* Date of birth.
* Information and documents relating to the membership we are providing, including, communications with you.
* Billing and payment information.
* Member’s handicap
* Under 18’s medical conditions requiring treatment.
We will retain information about you for the duration of your membership relationship with us, then for an additional 6 years.
We retain financial records for 6 years, following the end of the current financial year.